I’m happy to say that I finished writing my book, Grit and Grace in a World Gone Mad: Humanitarianism in Talas, Turkey 1908-1923. I sent the manuscript to the publisher, and it’s in the hands of the editor.
Everything else I had to do, I’ve also done. Here’s the list:
- Foreword (written by Kamo Mayilyan)
- A Word about the Words
- Table of Contents (4 sections, 30 chapters)
- List of Maps (5)
- Photos (61, including credits and captions)
- List of Abbreviations
- Notes (endnotes, rather than footnotes)
- List of Personnel (142 names, hometowns, and where they went to university/college)
- Reader’s Guide (for book clubs and schools)
- About the Author
- Index (just a list of words/names because, fortunately for me, the publisher will generate this)
I also designed the cover (see above) with a beautiful photograph from the Susan Wealthy Orvis collection. Susan is the woman in the far left, and Stella Loughridge is on the far right.
A few dear friends and friends of friends connected me to 5 well-respected people in their field, who agreed to read the manuscript and write an endorsement for the back cover. Now there are 5 fabulous blurbs on the back cover. You’ll find out who they are when the book is published in the early fall.
If you have ideas for how to get my book reviewed, please contact me!
The end is in sight. Stay tuned. Happy sigh.