The details are not the details. They make the design.
– Charles Eames
As an instructional designer, I specialize in transfering face-to-face courses, workshops and peripheral materials into online courses. I also design online courses from scratch. My background includes:
- MEd in Distance Education, Athabasca University
- BA in graphic design, University of Guelph
- certificates in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL, TEFL)
- certified member, Canadian Association of Instructional Designers (CAID)
- teaching experience:
- master classes in Visual Design, CAID
- Image Editing & Creative Applications courses, Mohawk College
- Web design courses, Fanshawe College
Note: I design courses for learning management systems (LMS) and software, such as Moodle, Articulate Storyline, Canvas, Sakai, Blackboard, Desire2Learn, but leave the technical programming to the developers who specialize in a particular LMS, as there are more than 20 popular LMSs, and more than 500 on the market. For an overview of instructional design (ID), see my home page.
Customer Service courses for Sales, Service and Parts Departments in the automotive industry through PSG Canada:
- Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.
- Subaru Canada
- Audi Canada
- Volkswagen Canada
- Volkswagen of America
- Ford of Canada
Various online courses and educational materials:
- Outdoor Smart: taxonomy advice on boat safety course
- El Maestro en Casa: ESL textbook for Spanish students
- Retirement Education Centre: life transition preparation course
- Canadian Journalists for Free Expression: interactive checkup
- Stepping Stones: course on learning the Cree language
- Getting the Life You Want: retirement education manual
- Davita, Inc.: government compliance course for employees
- Nelson Thomson: ESL grammar course to complement textbook
Due to confidentiality, I cannot provide links to my clients’ online courses.